ASSOCIATION OF NORTH CAROLINA HEALTH AND SCIENCE LIBRARIES (ANCHASL)
Purpose of Scholarships
The ANCHASL Scholarship Committee was established in November 2004 based on recommendations from an ad hoc task force. Its primary mission is to provide opportunities for members of ANCHASL to participate in professional activities. Each year, funds are available to reimburse ANCHASL members for some of their expenses while attending meetings held by ANCHASL, MAC (Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association) and MLA (depending on location).
It will be the goal of the organization to award as many scholarships as possible, within the limits specified by the Board, and to provide each recipient with an award that is generous enough to make applying for a scholarship and attending a meeting worthwhile.
ANCHASL Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for an ANCHASL scholarship, you
- Must be a current member of ANCHASL, but not a member of the ANCHASL Executive Board
- A resident of North Carolina OR
- Employed by a library or information services organization located within the state of North Carolina OR
- If a student, be enrolled in a library and information degree program within the state of North Carolina
If you are not currently a member of ANCHASL (i.e. dues paid for this year) and would like to be eligible for a scholarship, you can join using the ANCHASL Membership Form.
ANCHASL 2019 Scholarships will provide funding for the following meetings:
- ANCHASL Spring Meeting and CE - TBD
- ANCHASL Fall Meeting and CE - TBD
Contact members of the ANCHASL Scholarship Committee.